Newton Senior Transportation Service Information and Changes
Senior transportation services for Newton residents 60 years and older (These services may be changed or modified at any time.):
Medical Transportation - in Newton to medical appointments and “specific destinations” beyond. (Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- 65 Walnut St., Wellesley
- 1 Washington St., Wellesley
- 173 Worcester Rd., Wellesley
- 195 Worcester Rd., Wellesley
- 230 Worcester Rd., Wellesley
- 830 Boylston St., Chestnut Hill
- 850 Boylston St., Chestnut Hill
- 1244 Boylston St., Chestnut Hill
- 1153 Centre St., Boston (Faulkner Hospital)
- 280 Washington St., Brighton (St. Elizabeth’s Hospital)
The Shopper's Service - weekly marketing- Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.. Your choice of Newton market.
To Long-term Care Facilities - in Newton, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Two visits per week.
To Houses of Worship - in Newton for religious services.
To certain “Adult Day Health” locations
To the Newton Free Library & Newton City Hall on Mondays & Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Sunday library transport, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m., will begin in September. (Reserve for services listed above three business days ahead.)
To the Newton Senior Center - Service five days a week, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Reserve by 4 p.m. the previous day for this service only.)
Vouchers are good for all of the above services.
NEW FEE - AS OF JULY 1, 2012: Vouchers are available at the Senior Center, or by mail. The suggested con-tribution for a book of 20 vouchers is $80 or $4 per voucher. (1 voucher used each way, 2 vouchers for a round trip). A minimum contribution of $2 required, per voucher. For those unable to budget the minimum amount or more, please request an exemption form. Acceptance of your exemption will enable you to forgo a contribution. Payment is required BEFORE vouchers will be sent through the mail.
Make all reservations by calling 617-796-1288.
If you have questions about the service, please call Alice Bailey at 617-796-1664 or email@example.com.
The Department of Senior Services Transportation System is seeing some changes starting July 1, 2012. These changes include:
- Expanding the range of service to include transport to the Newton Free Library and Newton City Hall on Mondays & Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. (As of September library service will include Sundays, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.)
- The fee for vouchers used to pay for this service are now increased to: $2, $3. and $4. A book of 20 is now $40, $60 or $80. (You determine your fee according to your personal budget.)
- Exemption forms for those unable to budget the minimum stated fee are available from the office on the mezzanine or by calling Alice Bailey and requesting one (617-796-1664).
- Further changes to the exemption system may follow in the fall.