Five Things You Need to Know Today: Election Day, Nov. 6
It's election day! Make sure you get out and vote.
1. Where do I vote? We have a list of polling locations available for you here. Make sure you double check what precinct you are in using the Newton Election Commission's online tool.
2. Who am I voting for? In addition to the presidential race, there are a number of local and state elections Newton residents will vote on today. Check our Newton 2012 Election Guide for a complete list of all the races, who is running and summaries of the three binding ballot questions.
3. When can I vote? Polls are open 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
4. What can I do to contribute? Newton Patch Local Editor Melanie Graham will be covering the presidential election in Boston today, so we are looking for the Newton voters to keep us updated! Upload your photos and video from the campaign trail and the polls to our Newton election coverage story. We also ask that you comment with your ballot number when you can and let us know how things are going. You can also Tweet us anytime @NewtonMAPatch or post on our Facebook page.
5. How can I find the election results? Check our Newton Election Results 2012 story, which is complete with a summary of the races, links to stories and a grid with the number breakdown.