Five Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 17
A couple of free concerts, some open houses and info on a free CPR class.
1. Free CPR training next week. A free "friends & family" CPR course will be held on Sunday, Feb. 24 from noon to 3 p.m. at Newton North High School. This is not a certification course, but it will teach participants CPR and how to use an AED. Participants must be Newton residents at age 14 or older. Register online now.
2. Free concert. The Newton Free Library will host pianist Stephen Porter today at 2 p.m. The free concert will include works by Debussy and Chopin.
3. Looking for a new home? Check out these open houses happening today in Newton.
4. Post on the Newton Patch Local Voices blog. Do you have some local news to share or a discussion to start? Write about it in the Newton Patch Local Voices blog. The blog is open to any Newton residents or business owners who'd like to share with the community.
5. American voices, 1978-2012. Today at Boston College: Mary Hubbell, soprano, Mirna Lekic, piano and Alice Jones, flute, will perform works by works by Andrè Previn, John Corigliano, Gregory Brown, Dan Welcher, and the premiere of Lilacs by Thomas Oboe Lee. The free concert will take place in Gasson Hall, room 100 at 3 p.m.