Five Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 21
Upper Falls Area Council meets, an author event at the library and info on another snowstorm.
1. Comedy night tomorrow night. The John M. Barry Boys & Girls Club will host a comedy night tomorrow night to support the club. The event takes place at the American Legion Post 440 and tickets are $50. Buy tickets online or contact Diane Marangoly at 617-630-2066 or email@example.com.
2. More snow? That's right, more snow. According to a warning from the National Weather Service, there is a "high probability" for a strong storm to impact southern New England late Saturday into Sunday. Heavy, wet snow is expected. WHDH's Pete Bouchard posts in his weather blog that the storm is not likely to be as big as the blizzard earlier this month, but will certainly bring plowable snow (possibly 8-12 inches). Stay tuned to Patch for updates!
3. Upper Falls Area Council. The Newton Upper Falls Area Council will meet tonight at 7 p.m. in the Emerson Community Center. Agenda items include discussion of school issues relevant to Upper Falls, an update on street and traffic issues and an update on the Upper Falls Greenway.
4. Author talk. The Newton Free Library will host broadcasting icon Ron Della Chiesa tonight at 7:30 p.m. He will discuss his new memoir, Radio My Way, which gives the inside scoop on music and the musical legends he has encountered in his 40-plus years of broadcasting in Massachusetts.
5. Nonantum Advisory Committee. The committee will meet tonight at 6:30 p.m. in room 202 at Newton City Hall. Tonight's meeting will include a vote the on the proposed FY14 Neighborhood Improvement Annual Action plan.