Five Things You Need to Know Today: July 14
The St. Mary of Carmen Festival continues, a Birthday Wishes event
1. St. Mary of Carmen festival continues. Today, the entertainment includes Alex Gimenez and The Garden City Band at 7 p.m. and The Reminsants at 8 p.m. Stop by Pellegrini Park and the surrounding neighborhoods for carnival fun, food, prizes and more. Full festival schedule available here.
2. Are you riding in the Pan-Mass Challenge? We want to hear from you! Newton Patch is looking to share stories of Newton PMC riders.Take a look at these questions and simply email your responses to Melanie.Graham@patch.com.
3. Birthday Wishes at Whole Foods. The Birthday Wishes organization, which helps bring Birthday Parties to homeless children, will be preparing some "Birthday Boxes" at the Four Corners Whole Foods today from noon - 3 p.m. Stop by, volunteer and join the group for some cake and ice cream.
4. Blog on Patch. Did you know Newton Patch has a blog section for local residents, business owners and community leaders? Local Voices is a section of our site where the editor steps aside and the community says what it wants. Interested in sharing your thoughts and opinions with a Patch blog? Do you already have a blog that needs a new set of readers? Submit a Local Voices Patch blog here.
5. RSVP for Dinner on the Farm. The Newton Community Farm will be hosting a special "Dinner on the Farm" this coming Tues., July 17. A professional chef will prepare a dinner featuring organic vegetables from the farm, accompanied by local wines. Tickets (which are 50 percent tax deductable) are $50 for the general public, $40 for Friends of the Farm and available online.