Five Things You Need to Know Today: June 16
James Massone visits Newton, the PMC Kids Ride and a chance to get some free ice cream.
1. Newton PMC Kids Ride. The seventh annual Newton-Needham-Brookline Pan-Mass Challenge Kids Ride will take place today in the Wells Ave Office Park in Newton. There is a 0.9 mile loop in the office park for riders age 3-16 as well as 8- and 17-mile route that goes through Needham and Dover for riders age 9 and up. Check-in starts at 8 a.m. at 180 Wells Ave., the ride is from 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. and the post-ride party starts at 11 a.m. For more information, contact Jena Greaser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Upper Falls Greenway Walk. Would you like to spend some time walking the Upper Falls Greenway Trail AND get some free ice cream? From 10 a.m. to noon today, interested participants can walk the trail from Depot Coffee Shop to the Charles River where they will receive a token. Participants can then walk down the trail to the Upper Falls Variety Store where they can trade the token for an ice cream! See UpperFallsGreenway.org for more information.
3. Weekend Block Party. The Four Corners Whole Foods will hold a Father's Day Weekend Block Party today from noon - 3 p.m. The afternoon will include barbecue, live music, free samples and a chance to make a Father's Day card.
4. James Massone from 'The Voice' comes to Newton. KISS 108 and James Massone (from the popular NBC show 'The Voice') will visit the European Wax Center in Newton today for a summer kickoff event. There will be music, prizes and more. The event will run from 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
5. Up Close and Personal. The New Philharmonia Orchestra will perform chamber music today at their concert titled 'Up Close and Personal.' The performance will take place at Gregorian Oriental Rugs in Lower Falls and a dessert reception will follow the concert. The event starts at 7:30 p.m. and the admission price is up to you!