Five Things You Need to Know Today: June 9
Local theatre, a 5K and a mattress sale to raise money for the NNHS tennis team.
1. Rove the Cove 5K. The Sixth Annual "Rove the Cove" 5K Run/Walk will be held today in Auburndale starting at 9:30 a.m. The 5K race starts and finishes at Auburndale Cove and goes through the surrounding neighborhoods. Registration will be available at 8:45 a.m. the day of the race. Kids registration is $10, adults $15.
2. NNHS mattress sale. The Newton North High School tennis program will hold a mattress sale today at Newton North from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mattress sets of all sizes will be sold at 30-60 percent below retail prices. Delivery is available. All proceeds benefit the NNHS tennis program.
3. Free lemonade stand kits. Cambridge Savings Bank in Newtonville will be giving away free lemonade stand kits today to kids 12 and under. No purchase is required and kits are available while supplies last.
4. Have a laugh at the NEMBF. Irish born actor/playwright/author Aidan Parkinson will be at the New England Mobile Book Fair today from 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. for a book signing and reading of his novel Named Mommy. The event is free and open to the public.
5. Theatre Ink performances. Newton North's Theatre Ink will put on two performances today: Playwrights' Festival and Nitrous Oxide will hit the stage in the Little Theatre at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., respectively. Tickets for both shows are $7 and available online.