Five Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 29
Today is Cyber Monday! Get online and find those great deals without having to fight the crowds.
- Today is another one of the biggest shopping days of the year--for online shoppers, anyway. Also known as Cyber Monday, many online retailers will offer deals and steals today for those looking to avoid the holiday shopping crowds.
- The Newton Senior Center will host a Parkinson's Disease support group from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. The group, which is free and open to the public, is run by a former physician and Parkinson's Disease patient.
- Kids 12 and up can join in on a poetry writing workshop at the Newton Free Library at 7:30 p.m. The free workshop runs each Monday from now until Dec. 13. To register, visit the children's desk at the library or call (617) 796-1370.
- The Zoning and Planning Committee will meet tonight at 7:45 p.m. in room 202 of City Hall. The meeting is rescheduled from Nov. 22. Check out the agenda in our photo section to the right of the story.
- From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. you can visit the Moments in Time art show at the Newton-Wellesley Hospital Vernon Cancer Center. The watercolor works by Peter Hussey focus on New England scenes and architecture. Twenty-five percent of the show's proceeds will benefit the integrative support services offered at the Vernon Cancer Center.