Five Things You Need to Know Today: Oct. 27
Home team football and a slew a Halloween events.
1. West Newton's Halloween Celebration. The village of West Newton will host its first Halloween Celebration today from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. The day-long event will include window painting, cookie decorating, safe trick-or-treating and more!
2. Annual fall cleanup. The Friends of Hemlock Gorge will host its annual fall cleanup today from 10 a.m. to noon. Materials and tools will be supplied and refreshments will provided after the clean up. Those who are interested in volunteering can meet at the parking lot at Hamilton Place, just off Elliot Street. Additional parking available at the Mills Falls complex.
3. Halloween fair at NCSC. The Newton Community Service Center will host its annual Halloween Fair today from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. There will be pumpkin, cookie and apple decorating as well as a "mega-maze," face and nail painting and more. Geared toward kids 10 and younger. All proceeds will benefit the early child care programs at NCSC.
4. 'Happy Haunting' at the CHSS. The Chestnut Hill Shopping Center will host a 'Happy Haunting' Halloween event today from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. The event will include face painting and sweet treats at Angora Ice, "bronze living statues". treats, crafts for kids, decorating special trick-or-treating totes with the Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce, pumpkin fun and candy buffet at Portobello Road, Halloween crafts and treats at Snip Its and Bantum Cider and Muscadet & Oyster Tasting at Urban Grape.
5. Go Tigers! The Newton North varsity football team will face Walpole today in a home match at 1:30 p.m.