Five Things You Need to Know Today: Sept. 27
F.A. Day will open on time, Traffic Council meets and a special jazz concert.
1. Traffic Council. The Traffic Council will meet tonight at 7 p.m. in room 222 at City Hall. The council will discuss several items tonight, including the creation of a bike corral in Newton Centre (in front of JP Licks). The full agenda for tonight's meeting is included in the .pdf to the right.
2. F.A. Day is open! After the school lost power for most of the day yesterday, crews managed to make the repairs last night in order for school to open on time this morning.
3. Citizen's Housing and Planning Association (CHAPA). CHAPA will hold its regional meeting tonight at 7 p.m. in the Druker Auditorium at the Newton Free Library. Read more about the organization and the regional meeting.
4. Patrice Williamson at Karoun. The Newton Jazz and Wine Festival will host a special event tonight with jazz singer Patrice Williamson at Karoun in Newtonville. The evening will include music, food and fine wine. If tickets are still available, they are $65 at the door. The event kicks off at 6 p.m. with Newton's Nate Aronow Trio opening the show.
5. Back to school night. It's back to school night tonight for a number of Newton schools including Franklin Elementary (6 p.m.), Lincoln-Eliot Elementary (6 p.m.), Underwood Elementary (6 p.m.) and Newton South (7 p.m.).