Newton Memorial Day Ceremonies Set for Sunday
Although the city held its Memorial Day parade last Sunday, the wreath-laying ceremonies will take place this Sunday, May 27.
The city of Newton will hold its annual Memorial Day observances and wreath-laying ceremonies this Sunday, May 27.
Local veterans will place wreaths at memorials and parks around the city Sunday, starting at Forte Memorial Park at 9 a.m. After tending to all the locations, the veterans and community members will gather at Newton Cemetery for Memorial Day observances.
The schedule for Sunday is as follows:
- 9 a.m. - Pvt. Richard Forte Memorial Park
- 9:15 a.m. - M/Sgt. Domenic Marrocco Memorial at the American Legion Post 440
- 9:30 a.m. - Coletti-Magni Park
- 10 a.m. - John F. Kennedy Memorial at JFK Circle
- 10:15 a.m. - Pfc. W. Wallace Richards Bridge at Church Street
- 10:30 a.m. - Sgt. Enrico Pagnano Bridge at Lewis Street
- 11 a.m. - Newton Veterans Memorial Park on Washington Street
- Noon - Memorial Day observances at Newton Cemetery
If you are interested in helping with the ceremony or would like more information, contact Veterans Service Agent John MacGillivray at 617-796-1092.
Keeping with tradition, the city of Newton held its annual Memorial Day parade a week before the holiday on Sun., May 20.