Newton Restaurant Week Set for Oct. 21 - 25
More than a dozen Newton restaurants will be participating.
Updated Oct. 22, 10:45 a.m. with additional information from the mayor's office and updated Restaurant Week deals.
As part of Mayor Setti Warren's "13 Villages, One Community" initiative, the city is teaming up with the Phantom Gourmet, the Restaurant and Business Alliance, and the Newton Needham Chamber of Commerce to launch the first-ever Newton Restaurant Week.
The restaurant week will run from Sunday, Oct. 21 - Thursday, Oct. 25.
More than a dozen participating restaurants will be offering a special or promotion of their choice, including complementary soup, appetizers, discounted tasting menus and more.
In addition to the local deals, the city will also shut off parking meters at 5 p.m. during the restaurant week.
According to a press release issued on Oct. 22 by the mayor's office, Phantom Gourmet CEO Dave Andelman will dine with Warren on Thursday evening at Lumiere.
“Restaurants create a sense of community by giving citizens a place to meet. Finally, restaurants help keep communities safe by providing activity and lighting. I'm excited to work with Newton and its mayor to improve conditions for owners, employees, and diners,” Andelman said in the press release.
As part of this week's festivities, Terry O'Reilly's will also host a special ribbon cutting event Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 5:30 p.m. with the Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce.
Signs advertising the restaurant week have been placed around the city, including one right outside City Hall at the corner of Walnut Street and Homer Street.
Details on the restaurants participating and the offers are included below. Check back to this page for updates:
- B Street Restaurant and Bar, 796 Beacon Street, Newton Centre - 3 course meal (appetizer, entree, dessert) for $35; call 617-332-8743 or visit their website.
- Bernard's, 199 Boylston Street, Chestnut Hill - offering at 4-course tasting menu for $30; please call 617-969-3388 for reservations and information.
- Bill's Pizzeria, 753 Beacon Street, Newton Centre - information on special offer coming soon; call 617-964-1116 or visit their website.
- Bocca Bella Cafe & Bistro, 442 Lexington Street, Auburndale - buy one dessert, get one free with proceeds to benefit Newton food pantries; special menu offerings; call 617-928-1200 or visit their website.
- Cafe Sol Azteca, 75 Union Street, Newton Centre - special Restaurant Week Menu featuring 33% off some of the most popular dishes; call 617-964-0920 or visit their website.
- Cafe St. Petersburg, 57 Union Street, Suite 1, Newton Centre - free soup with lunch, fall prix fixe menu $29.95, more details coming soon; call 617-467-3555 or visit their website.
- The Cottage Chestnut Hill, 47 Boylston Street, Chestnut Hill - complimentary appetizer with purchase of two lunch or dinner entrees; call 617-916-5413 or visit their website.
- Dunn-Gaherin's Food & Spirits, 344 Elliot Street, Newton Upper Falls - information on special offer coming soon; call 617-527-6272 or visit their website.
- Echo Bridge Restaurant and Cafe, 1068 Chestnut Street, Newton Upper Falls - information on special offer coming soon or call 617-969-7092.
- Francesca Pizzeria, 203 Adams St., Nonantum - recently reopened and offering several promotions this Tuesday-Saturday; call 617-244-8314 or visit their webiste.
- Fresh City, 241 Needham Street - visit the Needham Street location and receive a free fresh-fruit 16 oz. smoothie with the purchase of any entree; visit their website.
- Inna's Kitchen, 19 Pelham Street, Newton Centre - free coffee or tea with breakfast, free homemade soup with lunch or deli order; call 617-244-5345 or visit their website.
- Johnny's Luncheonette, 30 Langley Road, Newton Centre - free add-on fries or tapas; call 617-527-3223 or visit their website for details.
- Jumbo Seafood, 10 Langley Road, Newton Centre - special twin lobsters, any style, for $21.95; call 617-332-3600 or visit their website.
- L'Aroma Cafe and Bakery, 15 Spencer Street, West Newton - promoting their afternoon tea; call 617-630-0006 or visit their website.
- Lumiere Restaurant, 1293 Washington Street, West Newton - three-course menu for $45, varies based on market availability and chef's fancy; call 617-244-9199 or visit their website.
- Ristorante Vecchia Roma, 398 Watertown Street, Nonantum - offering a 3-course meal for $24.95; please call 617-965-0026 for reservations and information or visit their website
- Tango Mango, 1191 Centre Street, Newton Centre - information on special offer coming soon; call 617-969-8100 or visit their website.
- Vanessa's Cafe, 1000 Commonwealth Avenue, Lower Level of City Hall - breakfast (eggs, bacon, toast, coffee) for $2.99.
Information provided by the city's restaurant week website.