VIDEO: Mayor Warren Launches '13 Villages, One Community' Campaign
A Newton Restaurant Week is just one of many initiatives in the new campaign, which will promote programs that allow residents and business owners to engage with the community and City Hall to help "bring Newton to its fullest potential."
Newton Mayor Setti Warren officially launched the city’s new "13 Villages, One Community" campaign Tuesday evening outside the Newton Senior Center in Newtonville.
The campaign looks to engage citizens and business owners with city employees and resources to help "bring the city of Newton to its fullest potential."
Warren spoke alongside a number of Newton city employees, new Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce President Greg Reibman and Phantom Gourmet's Dave Andelman.
The new campaign highlights both old and new engagement efforts including:
- Newton Community Engagement Group
- Citywide beautification efforts
- Increasing communication with small businesses
- Streamlining the business permit process
- Getting public safety notices out to neighborhoods
- Promoting the creation of neighborhood watch groups
- Increasing online resources such as the 311 system and the mayor's newsletter
- Promoting and strengthening youth services, senior services
- Promoting a wide variety of culture and arts
- Newton Volunteer Corps
- Energy Smart Newton
- Newton restaurant week
For more information on this campaign, visit the "13 Villages, One Community" website.