What's Going on This Weekend?
Many, many musical performances happening this weekend.
- The Newton North High School boys varsity wrestling team will travel to West Roxbury today to take on Catholic Memorial High School at 10 a.m.
- Zaira Meneses will direct a Mozart quartet as well as the Eliot Fish Guitar Studio from the New England Conservatory in a Holiday Classical Guitar Celebration today at the New Art Center. The concert starts at 7 p.m. and tickets are $20.
- The Newton South High School boys varsity ice hockey team will take on Dedham today at 5 p.m. in Dedham.
- Cappella Clausura will perform Gloria: A Renaissance Christmas Pageant Sunday in the parish hall of the First Unitarian Society in Newton. Show starts at 5 p.m. and tickets are $20 and $15 for students and seniors.
- Sunday at 4 p.m. the Newton Family Singers will perform the family-friendly concert Songs for the Road. The concert will be held at the Newton Cultural Center and admission is a $5 donation.
- If you're looking for a water workout, check out the Lap Swim Program at Newton North High School pool between noon and 2 p.m. on Saturday and 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Sunday. The entire session, which runs from Nov. 15 to Jan. 22, is $40, but the daily fee is $6 for adults and $4 for children and seniors.
- The Newton Free Library will host another free concert Sunday at 2 p.m. This week's performance will feature folk singer and pianist Laura Siersema, who will perform songs from her latest release Talon of the Blackwater.
- On both Saturday and Sunday, The Newton Art Association will host an exhibit at the Scandinavian Living Center (206 Waltham St.) featuring works by Anthony Lobosco and Regina Eliot Ramsey. The show will be held both days from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and is free and open to the public. Forty percent of the proceeds from the sale of the artwork will go to benefit the Swedish Charitable Association. The exhibit is open until Dec. 30.