Invite a friend
Free Parent Workshop: The Importance of Play
Play is a child’s way of exploring the world, communicating deep feelings, getting close to those they care about, working through stressful situations and simply blowing off steam. Learn why “playful parenting” is so important and so successful in building strong, close bonds between parents and children. Free, but please register online for planning purposes.
About the Presenter:
Lawrence J. Cohen, Ph.D., author of Playful Parenting, is a licensed psychologist specializing in children's play and play therapy. In addition to his private therapy practice, he is a speaker and consultant to public and independent schools and teaches classes for parents and educators. He is co-author of The Art of Roughhousing, Best Friends Worst Enemies and Mom They're Teasing Me.
|Where||MSPP: Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology 1 Wells Ave, Newton, MA 02459 (Freedman Center - Ground Floor)|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–8:30 pm|
|Who to bring||Moms, Dads|
More About MSPP: Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology
The Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology, also known as MSPP, is a graduate school. Its clinical doctoral program is accredited by the American Psychological Association and the entire school is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. It specializes in education in applied psychology. It provides education to help students specialize in areas such as clinical psychology, school psychology, forensic psychology, counseling psychology, organizational psychology and executive coaching.
Other events here
- Free Playtime at the Freedman Center Weekly on Thursdays and Fridays, 3:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Free New Babies/New Moms Support Group Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Free Infant Only Playtime at the Freedman Center May 31, 2013 / June 7, 2013 / June 14, 2013 / June 21, 2013, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Free New Babies/New Moms Support Group - June series June 5, 2013 / June 12, 2013 / June 19, 2013 / June 26, 2013 / July 3, 2013 / July 10, 2013, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Free New Babies/New Moms Support Group Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Distance Learning at MSPP: Online Info Sessions April 3, 2013 / May 1, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / July 3, 2013 / August 7, 2013 / September 4, 2013 / October 2, 2013 / November 6, 2013 / December 4, 2013, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Expectant Parents Workshop: The New Child Project June 5, 2013 / June 12, 2013, 5:45 pm–8:45 pm
- Free New Babies/New Moms Support Group - July series Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Free Infant Only Summer Playtime Weekly on Thursdays, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Free Summer Playtime at the Freedman Center Weekly on Thursdays, 2:30 pm–4:00 pm