Invite a friend
FUTURE OF THE JEWS TOPIC OF DISCUSSION
Stuart E. Eizenstat, former US Ambassador to the European Union, will discuss the future of the Jews at the Leventhal-Sidman Jewish Community Center in Newton. He will survey the major geopolitical, economic, and security challenges facing the world in general, and the Jewish world and the United States in particular.
Eizenstat will discuss his book, The Future of the Jews: How Global Forces are Impacting the Jewish People, Israel, and its Relationship with the United States and how these forces include the shift of power and influence from the United States and Europe to Asia and Latin America; the new information age; the battle for the direction of the Muslim world; and the rise of a new anti-Semitism that seeks to delegitimize Israel as a Jewish state.
This event will take place on Sunday, November 18 at 11am and is the keynote event for JCC Boston Jewish Book Fair Day. Joining the conversation will be Rob Leikind, Director of AJC/Boston. The event is open to all.
|Where||Leventhal-Sidman Jewish Community Center 333 Nahanton St, Newton, MA 02459|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||11:00 am–1:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Moms, Dads, Seniors|
More About Leventhal-Sidman Jewish Community Center
Located on Nahanton Street in Newton, the Leventhal-Sidman Jewish Community Center offers fitness, arts, education, childcare and entertainment opportunities for members of all races, religions and ethnicities.
The center features a full gym, outdoor pool, tennis courts, locker rooms, cardio center, indoor track and rock climbing area. Classes, personal training and group fitness programs are offered. Regularly scheduled musical, dramatic and comedy performances take place in the center's theater.
For an overview of the Leventhal-Sidman Jewish Community Center's childcare, education, summer and Jewish life programs, visit the JCC Web site.
Other events here
- Lenny Krayzelburg Swim Academy Daily,
- College Student Summer Membership at JCC Daily, 5:30 am–10:00 pm
- JCC Mini Sports Camp Daily, 9:00 am–1:00 pm
- JCC Half-Day Mini Tennis Camp Daily, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- JCC Tennis Camp Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Making Sense of the Middle East -- A Reporter Examines Reality and Becomes an Activist Tomorrow, Jun 19, 7:30 pm
- JCC Swim/Tennis Camp Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 9:00 am–4:00 pm
- JCC Basketball Camp Daily, 9:00 am–4:00 pm
- JCC Wide World of Sports Camp July 1, 2013 / July 2, 2013 / July 3, 2013 / July 5, 2013, 9:00 am–4:00 pm
- Beginning Tennis at the JCC Weekly on Tuesdays, 9:30 am–10:30 am