Invite a friend
Garden City Summer Soccer Camp 2012 - Registration Open Now
My middle daughter is lucky to have Brian Rooney as her soccer coach so I can personally vouch for how wonderful he is! She also did Garden City Soccer Camp last summer and loved it. What is really great about Garden City is that the coaches are great role models. As high school varsity players, they talk about what it took for them to get good enough to play varsity soccer and they have wonderful rapport with the kids. My daughter also appreciated the pool! After the morning session and lunch, swimming was a welcome respite from the heat and then she was ready to go for another round of soccer in the afternoon.
- Youth soccer camp, now in its 13th year, to be held at the fields at Newton North High School
- Camp runs from 9 am to 4 pm during the week of July 2nd-6th (no camp on Wednesday, July 4th) and 9 am to 3 pm during the week of July 9th-13th
- Designed for boys and girls ages 7-14
- Opportunity to learn from some of the top coaches in the city
- Directed by Brian Rooney - former Girls' Varsity coach at Newton North and Boys' Varsity coach at Newton North and Newton South
- Counseling staff includes current and former players from Newton North and Newton South boys' and girls' soccer programs
- Daily technical training (dribbling, passing, shooting, receiving, heading, etc.)
- Daily tactical training (1v1 offense and defense, 2v1 offense and defense, etc.)
- Individual and group skills competitions each day
- Competitive scrimmages or tournaments each day
- Prizes and awards given away daily
- Swimming at the Newton North Pool offered daily
- Cost per week is $275
For more information, contact Brian Rooney at email@example.com or 617-559-6238.
To register on-line, go to the Garden City Sports Camp website .
|Where||Newton North High School 457 Walnut St, Newtonville, MA 02460|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||9:00 am–3:00 pm|
More About Newton North High School
With its new location on Walnut Street, Newton North High School is the district's newest school, boasting 413,000 square feet of high-end classroom technology. Located in Newtonville, Newton North is slightly larger than its counterpart in Newton Center, Newton South High School.
Like Newton South, Newton North offers a wide-range of AP courses to effectively prepare Newton students for higher education. A vocational program is also housed at Newton North, with an automotive shop, restaurant and printing studio. The school also offers a groundbreaking green engineering program.
Newton North's new sports facilities include a swimming pool, competition gymnasium, work out area, wrestling room/dance studio, simulated outdoor area (SOA) gym and Dickinson Stadium, a large football stadium with artificial turf.
Newton North High School is a half-mile walk from the Newtonville MBTA station (purple line, Framingham/Worcester line). The #59 MBTA bus also stops nearby at the intersection of Walnut Street and Clyde Street.