Centre Street has been stripped, there are giant holes in the ground and multiple police officers are out directing traffic as Newton's Highway Division completes planned road repairs in the area.
In particular, the following projects are happening this week and next according to the city website:
- Cypress Street at Centre Street -- Bumpout removal began Monday, Aug. 19 and is expected to take about two weeks. This is part of returning this area to its formation prior to a recent reconstruction.
- Regent Street -- Paving on Aug. 22.
- Lenox Street -- Paving on Aug. 22.
- Washington St (Elm Street to Turnpike) -- Cold planing on Aug. 19 (night) and paving week of Aug. 26.
- Washington St (eastbound Walnut St to Court St) -- Cold planing on Aug. 20 (morning) and paving the week of Aug. 26.
- Centre Street (Beacon to Lyman) -- Paving the week of Aug. 26.
- Beacon Street (Centre to Langley) -- Paving week of Aug. 26.
- Lyman Street -- Paving week of Aug. 26.
- Centre Green -- Paving week of Aug. 26.
For a full look at road repair projects, see the city website.