A new study found Newton is one of the best cities to live in Massachusetts.
Credit Donkey, a company that provides credit report information to consumers, focused on five key factors:
- Odds of being a victim of a violent crime
- Commute time
- Residents who attended some college
- Restaurants per capita
Newton ranked No. 9 on its list. The company reported the following statistics for Newton:
- Odds of Being a Victim of a Violent Crime: 1 in 1,141
- Commute Time: 26.4 minutes
- Income: $113,416
- Residents Who Attended Some College: 7.6%
- Restaurants: 1 per 505 inhabitants
Here’s why Newton received high marks:
"The city has a strong tourist trade, but it's also recognized as a thriving college community with a strong artistic and cultural presence."
Beverly ranked No. 1 in the study.