1. Flu clinic at the library. The Newton Dept. of Health and Human Services will host a free flu clinic today at the Newton Free Library. The clinic is open to everyone regardless of insurance status or residency. Both injection and nasal spray vaccines will be available. The clinic will run from 4:15 p.m. - 6 p.m.
2. Indoor market. The Newton Indoor Farmers' Market will be open today from 1:30 p.m. - 6 p.m. at the Hyde Community Center in Newton Highlands.
3. Flu clinic sponsored by the Newton-Needham Chamber. The Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce will also host a free flu clinic today at the Chamber's offices on Needham Street. The clinic will run from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. and no appointment is necessary.
4. Free head lice checks. To celebrate the opening of the new treatment center in Newton Upper Falls, Lice Aunties Newton (90 Oak St., Upper Falls) is offering free head lice checks Tuesday afternoons in December and January. Call 617-901-0620 for more information.
5. Riverside Station hearing. The Board of Aldermen's Land Use Committee will continue the public hearing tonight for the proposed Riverside Station development off Grove Street. The third night of the hearing will begin at 7 p.m. in the Aldermanic Chamber at Newton City Hall. MassDOT officials are expected to be on hand to answer questions during the hearing.