1. Elf movie screening. The Newton Free Library will host a screening of Elf this afternoon at 2 p.m. in the Druker auditorium. Stop by to drink hot cocoa and get in the holiday spirit. The screening is free and open to all.
2. Newton Community Ed. Newton Community Ed has announced its winter course schedule. Check out the course catalogue and sign up to learn something new.
3. Electronics drop-off. The Newton Recycling Depot on Rumford Avenue hosts special Friday/Saturday drop-offs for electronics once per month. Today you can drop off electronics from 8 a.m. - noon. A full list of acceptable materials is available online. There will be a $12 charge to recycle each TV or computer monitor, and all other appliances and electronics accepted free-of-charge. Check or cash accepted, made payable to "CRT Recycling."
4. Reminder about closed dog parks. According to the city's website, the off-leash dog parks at Claflin Playground and Braceland Park are officially closed for the season. They will reopen on March 15.
5. Blog on Patch. Did you know Newton Patch has a blog section for local residents, business owners and community leaders? Local Voices is a section of our site where the editor steps aside and the community says what it wants. Interested in sharing your thoughts and opinions with a Patch blog? Do you already have a blog that needs a new set of readers? Submit a Local Voices Patch blog here.