1. City, state, federal offices are closed. City Hall, the Newton Free Library, the Newton Senior Center, post offices and most stores are all closed today for the Christmas holiday. The Newton Public Schools are off this week for December break.
2. Trash delayed. Starting today, trash and recycling pick-up in Newton will be delayed by one day.
3. Free coffee! All 18 Massachusetts Department of Transportation service plazas will serve up free java from 10 p.m. tonight (Dec. 25) to 5 a.m. tomorrow (Dec. 26).
4. JCC is open today. The Leventhal-Sidman Jewish Community Center in Newton will be open to the community today from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. The fitness center, basketball courts, indoor pool and children’s gym will be available for use.
5. MBTA holiday schedule. If you're planning to take the MBTA today, make sure you double check the MBTA holiday schedule.