1. Blood drive. The Newton Free Library will host a blood drive today from 11:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. A bone marrow drive will also be held at the library today from 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
2. Snow? While some parts of the Northeast may get close to a foot of snow tomorrow night, the Newton area is likely only to get a few inches. According to the National Weather Service forecast, rain and snow is expected to move in Wednesday night after 9 p.m., with more moving in between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m Thursday. Total predicted accumulation is around 1 to 2 inches, NWS said, but roads could be slick. Stay tuned to Patch for updates.
3. Get your flu vaccine. The Newton Health & Human Services Department is still providing flu vaccine to people age 6 months and up, by appointment. To receive a flu shot or the nasal spray flu vaccine, call 617-796-1420 to make an appointment to come to the office in Newton Centre (1294 Centre St.) Insurance information is requested, but not required. For more information, visit the city's website.
4. Have you "liked" our Facebook page? We're trying to get to 1,000 likes before the end of the year! "Like" our page for more updates about Newton, exclusive photos and more.
5. Events at the senior center. The Newton Senior Center will reopen today with a health maintenance clinic from 9 a.m. - noon, chamber music at 9 a.m. and a movie at 1 p.m. (Hope Floats). Check out the full calendar for more information.