Black Friday; some people live for it, others avoid it like the plague.
The official launch of the holiday shopping season is almost here, and Newton offers plenty of options for local consumers eager to get the best deals. Here are the hours for some of the larger shopping centers in the city:
Editor's note: This is an evolving list -- If you have Black Friday hours or sales, please let us know in the comments section below and we'll add your store!
Mall at Chestnut Hill:
Opening early, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Starting at 9 a.m., the first 50 shoppers who register at Guest Services for the Mall Insider/Mobile Shopper Club will receive a complimentary gift bag with samples and treats. Plus they will have the chance to win one of four $100 gift cards from LOFT, Bloomingdales, Stuart Weitzman or Banana Republic in one of the lucky gift bags. (Information provided by Jillian Kuzyk of Regan Communications Group). [Updated 4:24 p.m.]
Needham Street Shopping District:
- Marshalls: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- TJ Maxx: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Modell's Sporting Goods: Midnight - 9:30 p.m. A circular with deals will be available in-store.
- Newbury Comics: 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Eastern Mountain Sports: 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- New England Mobile Book Fair: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Boston Ski & Tennis: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- International Bicycle: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Chestnut Hill Shopping Center:
- Urban Grape: 9:30 a.m. - 11 p.m. - Will be open until 11 p.m. and offer a special tasting from 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. with Mary from Goose Island, who will cleanse your palate with some of our (and President Obama’s) favorite beers!
- Container Store: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. - Is partnering with One Warm Coat to benefit those in need this holiday season. Throughout the months of November and December, they’re collecting gently used coats, sweaters, jackets, sweatshirts, hats and mittens. All items will be donated to the St. Vincent de Paul Society. They also have a special promotion going: Spend $100 in a single transaction (in-store only) through November 25 and receive a $15 December Delight Card, redeemable from December 1-23 to use in stores, online or by phone. While supplies last. Terms and conditions apply.
- City Sports: 10 a.m. - 9 p.m. - Open regular business hours, but will be offering lots of specials.
- Rosie's: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. - Will sell a special Black Friday concoction - Eggnog Lattes - to keep shoppers cozy and warm. They’ll also have hot spiced cider, pumpkin and gingerbread lattes, Love Potion #9 (their signature hot chocolate) and other delightful treats.
(Information provided by Allison Yee of WS Development)
- Duchess: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. 15 percent off all apparel/10 percent off accessories and gift items. Plus, with your purchase of $125 or more receive a free pair of Snug leggings.
- Brussels Sprouts: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Folklorica: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Leather World: 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Newtonville Books: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- The Silver Woman: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Talori: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Special: A free Chamilia Sterling silver Snap bracelet ($65.00 Value) with the purchase of $125 of Chamilia beads.
- Green Planet Kids: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Second Time Around: Will open earlier (exact time not official yet). Normal hours are 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Is your store open on Black Friday? Are there special Black Friday deals? Share your info in the comments below!
If you're hoping to support more small businesses in Newton this holiday season, have no fear. We'll be publishing a story soon featuring more information on Small Business Saturday in Newton.