If you don't feel like venturing into Boston for First Night 2013 events, Newton has plenty to offer for New Year's Eve celebrations.
- Looking to celebrate with the kids before dropping them off with the babysitter? Mayor Setti Warren will host the Mayor's Annual New Year's Open House at Newton City Hall. The free, family-friendly event runs from 1 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. and includes entertainment for all ages.
- B Street Restaurant & Bar will offer a special New Year's Eve menu complete with a champagne toast at the end of the night. The special menu includes items like Nantucket Bay Scallop Ceviche (starter), Burgundy Truffle Pizetta (starter), "Rich Man-Poor Man" butter-poached lobster and Monk Fish (main), a Foie Gras Burger (main) and Champagne and Strawberry Trifle (dessert). Call 617-332-8743 for reservations.
- Biltmore Bar & Grill will feature a special prix fixe New Year's Eve dinner menu served Monday night from 4 p.m. - close. For $45, diners will have a choice of one starter, entree and dessert. Some offerings include Fois Gras Torchon (starter), Steak Tartar (starter), Fried Chicken and Waffles (main), Braised Beef (main), Chocolate Mousse (dessert) and Lime Curd with Shortbread (dessert). Call 617-527-2550 for reservations.
- BOKX 109 American Prime will be hosting a big, 70s-themed cocktail party from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. For a $100 ticket, party goers will receive two drink tickets, a champagne toast, food and live entertainment. Oh, and of course, a "Dance Fever" contest. Tickets can be purchased online.
- Lumière will also feature a special New Year's Eve prix fixe menu for $80 per person (an optional $30 wine pairing is available). Some offerings include Hand Harvested Maine Sea Scallops (starter), Fried Poached Duck Egg (starter), Wild Maryland Striped Bass (main), Raincrow Ranch Grassfed Beef Tenderloin and Short Rib (main), Rosé Champagne Sorbet (dessert) and Apple-Cranberry-Maple-Almond Crisp (dessert). Call 617-244-9199 for reservations or reserve on Open Table.
- The Metropolitan Club in Chestnut Hill will host its annual New Year's Eve party from 9 p.m. - 1 a.m. For a $75 ticket, patrons can take advantage of the open bar (9 p.m. - midnight), snacks and treats, party favors and a Veuve Clicquot champagne toast. Of course, there will be plenty of dancing. To reserve a spot, call 617-731-0600.
- Union Street is inviting you to come "party 2012 away" at its celebration Monday night. The fun starts at 9 p.m. and includes appetizers, party favors, live music and a champagne toast. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door. Call 617-964-6684 for more information or purchase tickets online.
Are there any Newton New Year's Eve celebrations we missed? Let us know in the comments section below!