Gas prices in Newton continue their upward march, with the price for a gallon of regular up more than a quarter in the past month.
AAA Southern New England said its survey of prices in Massachusetts on Monday found self-serve, regular unleaded averaging $3.72 per gallon, four cents higher than a week ago and up 31 cents over the past month.
Here in Newton, AAA says the average price for a gallon of regular is $3.84, up 30 cents from last month and up 16 cents from this time last year.
Here are some recent gas prices in Newton, updated by AAA Wednesday afternoon:
- Cumberland Farms in Chestnut Hill (Rte. 9) - $3.729
- Sunoco in Newton Highlands - $3.749
- Hess in Auburndale - $3.749
- Sunoco in Newton Centre (Rte. 9) - $3.759
- Route 9 BP - $3.799
- Sunoco on Elliot St - $3.799
- Irving in Auburndale - $3.799
- Newton Centre Shell - $3.859
- Newton Centre Gulf - $3.859
- Newtonville Gulf - $3.859
- After Hours Auto in West Newton - $3.899
- Jacob's Auto in West Newton - $3.899
- Rte. 128 Gas - $3.899
- Value Gas (Shell) in West Newton - $3.909
AAA offers a new gas saving tip each week with its gas price updates. This week, the AAA suggests drivers accelerate smoothly and brake gradually - it’s safer, uses less gas and reduces brake wear.
Tell us: Have you noticed the higher gas prices? If so, how are you reacting? Are you driving less? Tell us in the comments section below.