- Oo la la - vive la cuisine francaise! Start off your week and the New Year with an assortment of French omelets, other egg dishes, Belgian waffles or stuffed French toast. Or, if you’re more in the mood for lunch fare, try a pressed duck confit and Gruyere sandwich or the famous Aquitaine Burger. Reservations can be made through OpenTable.
– Though you might not want to be up and about that early, the Biltmore will be serving its usual hearty brunch menu beginning at 10:00 a.m. Cure that hangover with some sausage fritters or the Crazy Delicious Pub Fries (waffle fries with two types of cheese, bacon, egg and gravy). After noon, you can have some “hair of the dog” with a mimosa or a Red Beer, Biltmore’s answer to “the cure” (lager with tomato juice, spices and a salted rim).
– Anyone can start off the New Year with the resolution to have a healthier diet, but you can buck that trend by starting it off with ice cream for breakfast! Or, if you really want to go the more traditional route, Cabot’s also has a full, all-day breakfast menu. So even if you’re not up to getting out of bed until well into the afternoon, you can still have some eggs, toast, pancakes or waffles. Or ice cream.
– This restaurant with the lovely view of the Charles is conveniently located inside the Marriott Hotel. So if you’re being responsible and don’t want to drive on New Year's Eve, you could check in, stay the night, and then get up for Riverbend’s Sunday brunch. Breakfast will be served from 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., and then the brunch buffet begins at 10:30 a.m. The cost is $21.95, and it’s expected to be very popular so call for reservations.
– Eggs, seasonal stuffed French toast, build your own omelet and plenty of parking in and around Newton Centre -- how could you go wrong having your first meal of 2012 at Union Street? You can also get an assortment of pancakes, a side of bacon for only $1.99 or go the healthy route and just grab some yogurt and berries. But, if breakfast is not really your thing, Union Street serves its full menu all day long!