Twice a year, during the winter and summer, Boston area diners have the opportunity to eat out at some of the finer establishments in the area at greatly reduced prices. Restaurant Week runs from August 14 – 19 and 21 – 26, with many restaurants extending through the end of the month and even through Labor Day. A two-course lunch costs a mere $15.11, a three-course lunch will run you $20.11 and you can get a full three-course dinner for only $33.11. Many restaurants also offer wine pairings, so get out there and enjoy dining at these Newton and Chestnut Hill locations. Here are some highlights of their special Restaurant Week menus.
– Lunch: Sweet corn chowder; Cuban sandwich; profiteroles. Dinner: Crisp chicken liver salade; crispy duck confit; peach, cherry and nectarine tartlet.
– Dinner: Caesar salad; bone-in, Kona-crusted 14 oz. sirloin with shallot butter; Sam’s mashed potatoes; flourless chocolate espresso cake.
Legal Seafoods – Lunch: Chilled gazpacho; Caesar salad with grilled salmon; strawberry shortcake. Dinner: Clam chowder; signature crab cake dinner; cheesecake.
- Lunch: heirloom tomato salad with buffalo mozzarella and basil; BLTC king crab club sandwich; sorbets. Dinner: Lobster fritters with corn and tomato salad; roasted one-pound lobster with cornbread and crab stuffing (additional $15); strawberry shortcake.
– Dinner: Heirloom tomato toast with goat cheese and micro greens; 8 oz. grilled sirloin with Mediterranean salad; blueberry cheesecake with chocolate crust.
– Dinner: Carrot-ginger pear soup with crème fraiche and chives; tagliatelle Bolognese with in-house made chicken sausage; chocolate pot de crème with whipped cream.
– Dinner Week One: Thai squid salad; mustard-crusted Cape Cod bluefish with green beans, tomatoes and salsa verde; local plum and almond tart. Dinner Week Two: Israeli tomato salad; braised Crystal Valley Farms chicken leg; dark and milk chocolate parfait with Chantilly cream, caramel sauce and candied peanuts.
– Dinner: Skillet of Gloucester mussels; bacon-wrapped meatloaf with pureed potatoes and truffled mushroom reduction; classic key lime pie.