Always a hot spot for good cuisine, Newton added to its reputation this year as a culinary destination west of Boston.
From farm-to-table to frozen yogurt, a slew of new restaurants opened in Newton in 2012. Most of the new spots are located in Newton Centre and Newtonville, with others scattered throughout the city.
We want to know what was your favorite new Newton restaurant to open in 2012? Tell us in the comments section below.
Here's the list of new restaurants to jog your memory:
- Mediterranean Grill, 549 Comm. Ave., Newton Centre
- Waban Kitchen, 1649 Beacon St., Waban
- Jonathan's Bar & Grill, 215 Needham St., Upper Falls
- Yo Fresh Frozen Yogurt , 19 Austin St., Newtonville
- Brewer's Coalition, 344 Walnut St., Newtonville
- City Pizza, 795 Washington St., Newtonville
- Terry O'Reilly's, 45 Union St., Newton Centre
- Jake's Falafel (new location), 740A Beacon St., Newton Centre
- Farmstead Table, 71 Union St., Newton Centre
- Sycamore, 755 Beacon St., Newton Centre
In addition to new eateries, there were a lot of renovations and expansions to Newton restaurants in 2012 (O'Hara's, George Howell Coffee, , to name a few).
Share your favorite new restaurant in the comments section below. Did we miss one? Make sure to let us know!