While we tried to get all the services in Newton, we may have missed a few. If you know of any services or events that we've missed, let us know in the comments!
BOSTON CHINESE EVANGELICAL CHURCH, 218 Walnut St., Newtonville
- Cantonese Sunday worship, 9:15 a.m.
- English Sunday worship, 11 a.m.
CHURCH OF THE REDEEMER, 379 Hammond St., Chestnut Hill
- Easter Sunday Family Eucharist at 9 a.m. and Festal Eucharist at 11 a.m.
-, 41 Ash St., Auburndale (Corpus Christi) & 1529 Washington St., West Newton (St. Bernarnd's)
- Saturday Vigil, 4 p.m. at St. Bernard's
- Easter Sunday service, 7:30 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. at Corpus Christi
- Easter Sunday service, 9 a.m. at St. Bernard's
ELIOT CHURCH OF NEWTON, 474 Centre St., Newton
- Easter Sunday worship service: Celebration of the Resurrection at 10 a.m.
- Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday at 11:30 a.m.
EPISCOPAL PARISH OF SAINT PAUL, 1135 Walnut St., Newton
- Holy Saturday, April 7: Multi-parish celebration of the Great Easter Vigil at 8 p.m. with a festive champagne banquet to follow.
- Easter Sunday, April 8: Sunrise service at in the Meditation Garden at 6:39 a.m., and Festive Holy Eucharist with Easter Egg Hunt and brunch at 10:30 a.m.
EPISCOPAL PARISH OF THE MESSIAH, 1900 Commonwealth Ave., Newton
- Easter Vigil on Saturday, April 7 at 7 p.m.: The congregation will join Church of the Good Shepherd, 9 Russell Avenue, Watertown, for an Easter Vigil service for an evening of song and celebration. Special refreshments will be served.
- Easter Sunday service on April 8 at 10:30 a.m.: Celebrate Christ’s resurrection with the Festival Mass of Easter. A parish feast of sweets and the children's Easter egg hunt follows the service.
EVANGELICAL BAPTIST CHURCH OF NEWTON, 23 Chapel St., Newton
- Easter Sunday: Sunday School at 9:15 a.m., Worship service at 10:30 a.m., and young adult Bible study at 6 p.m.
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH IN NEWTON, 848 Beacon St., Newton Center
- Easter Sunday sunrise service at Crystal Lake at 6:30 a.m. (16 Rogers St., Newton)
- Easter pancake breakfast and kids’ craft at 7:30 a.m.
- Community Easter egg hunt at 9:30 a.m.
- Easter Sunday worship service with the Boston String Quartet at 10:30 a.m.
, 1141 Walnut St. Newton
- Sunday morning service on Easter Sunday at 10:45 a.m. with Sunday School at the same time.
FIRST UNITARIAN SOCIETY IN NEWTON, 1326 Washington St., West Newton
- Easter Sunday service at 10:15 a.m., with sermon titled “Easter and Passover Celebration.”
GRACE EPISCOPAL CHURCH, 76 Eldredge Rd., Newton
- Hot Cross Buns and Sparkling Brass on Saturday, April 7 at 10:30 a.m.: Come help prepare for Easter Sunday’s breakfast feast and holy service of celebration where cooks of all ages can make hot cross buns and polish the church’s brass and then set places for the Easter breakfast. There will be coffee and donut holes.
- Easter Sunday breakfast on April 8 at 8:45 a.m. with breakfast casseroles and hot-cross buns with sausages, coffee, and kid-friendly food. Sign up on sheets in the church office. For more information, call 617-244-3221.
- Easter Sunday Holy Eucharist services at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
GREEK EVANGELICAL CHURCH OF BOSTON, 1115 Centre St., Newton
- Easter Sunday worship services at 9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Sunday School at 10:30 a.m.
LUTHERAN CHURCH OF THE NEWTONS, 1310 Centre St., Newton
- Easter Sunday breakfast at 8:30 a.m. Please let contact Suzanne Stendahl at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on coming and let her know what breakfast food you can bring to share.
- Easter Sunday Festival Eucharist of the Resurrection at 10 a.m. followed by a children’s Easter Egg Hunt.
NEWTON HIGHLANDS CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, 54 Lincoln St. Newton
- Community Easter Egg Hunt at 9:30 a.m. on Easter Sunday on the church lawn.
- Easter Sunday worship service at 10 a.m. with fellowship time following the worship.
NEWTON PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, 75 Vernon St., Newton
- Easter Sunday sunrise service at 6:15 a.m.
- Easter Sunday Resurrection Worship Service at 10:15 a.m.
, 573 Washington St., Newtonville
- Easter Sunday Mass at 8 a.m., 10 a.m. and noon
ST. MARY’S EPISCOPAL CHURCH, 258 Concord St., Newton
- Easter Sunday sunrise service at 6 a.m.
- Easter Sunday Holy Eucharist with special music at 10 a.m.
- Easter Egg Hunt for children in the churchyard at 11 a.m. with refreshments on the front lawn
- Christ the King Easter lunch and egg hunt at 2:30 p.m.
- Christ the King service at 4:30 p.m.
TRINITY EPISCOPAL CHURCH, 11 Homer St., Newton Centre
- Holy Saturday, April 7: Multi-parish celebration of the Great Easter Vigil at 8 p.m. with a festive champagne banquet to follow at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 1135 Walnut St., Newton Highlands.
- Easter Sunday Holy Eucharist at 10 a.m., followed by an Easter egg hunt.
UNITED METHODIST CHURCH OF NEWTON, 430 Walnut St., Newtonville
- Sunday service at 10:30 a.m.
UNITED PARISH OF AUBURNDALE, 64 Hancock St., Newton
- Easter Sunday worship at 10 a.m.: Festival of Easter with readings from the Scriptures, Mark 16: 1-8 followed by a sermon, Roll Away the Stone and special music from Tchaikovsky.