1. Heartbreak Hill Road Race & Walk. The city will host its annual Heartbreak Hill Road Race and Walk today at Newton City Hall. Th one-mile run up historic Heartbreak Hill will kick off today at 10:30 a.m. In addition, an "inter-generational" walk will be held around Newton City Hall at 10:30 a.m.
2. Traffic changes/road closures on Commonwealth Avenue. Due to today's Heartbreak Hill Road Race, there will be some traffic changes and road closures around City Hall.
3. Jazz duo. The Newton Free Library will host the Paul Speidel Jazz Duo today for a free concert at 2 p.m.
4. Interested in a rain barrel? The city is partnering with the Great American Rain Barrel Company in Hyde Park, Mass. to bring Newton residents discounted rain barrels. Deadline to order is April 19 and pickup will be available on Sat., April 27. What's a rain barrel? What can it do? Where can I order? More info is available on the city's website.
5. Chamber music concert. The Boston Cello Quartet will give a free concert this afternoon at Temple Emanuel in Newton at 3 p.m. The concert, part of the temple's Chamber Music Series, will include works by Mozart, Verdi, Bach, Prokofiev and more.