- The Walk for Hunger will be moving through Newton tomorrow and traffic will be delayed on Beacon and Centre Streets as the event works its way into Watertown. Tune in to Newton Patch at 11 a.m. today where we will have all the road closures for you.
- Tomorrow is also Medication Take-Back Day at . Bring your unwanted prescription and over-the-counter medications to the rear of the police headquarters for an anonymous drop-off. The collection runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The softball team will face Weston today in a home game at 4 p.m. Stay tuned to Newton Patch for coverage of this event.
- With the spring finally here, you're probably wondering about places to walk your dog. Parks & Recreation Dept. Commissioner Bob DeRubeis noted at Wednesday night's budget meeting that three new off-leash parks (along with ) have been opened in the city, including , Claflin Playground and McGrath Park. Check out the off-leash program brochure for rates and information.
- Members of the Social Science Club of Newton will hold a celebration this evening at the . The celebration, which runs from 5:30 p.m.-7p.m., will honor the publication of . The event is free and open to the public.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something