1. Wet/snowy commute. A storm is predicted to bring rain and snow this morning, which could make for a bit of a messy commute, so drivers should make some extra time if possible. Commuter rail crews are working on the train stations to make sure operations run as smoothly as possible.
2. Line dancing. The Newton Parks & Recreation Dept. offers special programs for locals over 55. Today, stop in at the Emerson Community Center at 1 p.m. to do some line dancing. Participants are asked to bring a $2 donation.
3. Special food pantry hours. The Centre Street Food Pantry will be open today from 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. The pantry is typically open on Tuesdays, but it is holding special hours this week due to the Christmas holiday. The pantry is located at Trinity Episcopal Church in Newton Centre.
4. NewTV art exhibit. There are just a few days left to view the Newton Open Studios juried art exhibit at NewTV. The NewTV studios are open Mon. - Thurs., 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Fri. - Sat., 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sun., noon to 6 pm. The exhibit is on display through the end of the month.
5. New parking restrictions near Newton North. The Traffic Council recently voted in some new parking restrictions near Newton North. Check out the minutes from the Dec. 13 meeting to read more details on parking rules for Hull Street and Rochester Road. An appeal on the parking items can be made, but will only be accepted through the close of business on January 2.