1. School back in session. After a few days of cleaning up snow, the Newton Public Schools are back in session today.
2. Land Use Committee meets. The Board of Aldermen's Land Use Committee will meet tonight to hold public hearings on several items. One of the items up for a hearing is an amendment to a site plan for the new 2ovens restaurant going in at 300 Needham St. The hearings will be held at 7 p.m. in the Aldermanic Chamber at City Hall. The full Land Use agenda is included in the .pdf section to the right.
3. No parking meters today. As crews continue to clean up from the Blizzard of 2013, parking meters will not be in effect in the city today.
4. Indoor Farmers' Market. The Newton Indoor Farmers' Market will be open today from 1:30 p.m. - 6 p.m. at the Hyde Community Center.
5. Go Tigers! The Newton North boys' and girls' varsity basketball teams will face Needham High School this evening. Both games are at home, with the girls starting at 5 p.m. and the boys starting at 6:45 p.m.