1. Blood drive. The Newton Free Library will hold a blood drive today from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
2. Public forum on Angier School. A public forum on the Angier Elementary concept design will be held tonight at the Angier Elementary Library at 6 p.m.
3. Open mic at L'Aroma. L'Aroma Cafe & Bakery and the West Suburban YMCA will hold an open mic tonight at L'Aroma in West Newton. Signup begins at 5 p.m.
4. Anti-override meeting. Newton's anti-override group, Moving Newton Forward, will hold an event and discussion tonight at the American Legion Post 440. "Opposing Newton Overrides" starts at 7 p.m.
5. "Effective Strategies to Reduce Anxiety in Children." The Newton Parent Advisory Council for Special Education will present a seminar tonight titled "Effective Strategies to Reduce Anxiety in Children" with Newton Public Schools' Jessica Minahan, M.Ed, BCBA. The workshop will teach participants about classroom and home interventions for children (in preschool through Grade 8) with anxiety and related behaviors. The seminar starts at 7:30 p.m. and is free and open to the public. It will be held in room 210 at the Education Center.