1. Burr Co-op Winter Concert & Festival. The Burr Cooperative Nursery School will host a winter concert and festival today from 10 a.m. - noon at theNewton Cultural Center. The event will include music from singer-songwriter Wayne Potash as well as with various activities, crafts, a bake sale and raffle prizes. Tickets are $10/person at the door, based on availability. Children under 1 are free. All proceeds benefit the Burr Co-op.
2. Newton Community Weekend. It's the first weekend of the month, and that means the Jackson Homestead and Museum offers free admission to Newton residents. Stop by between noon - 5 p.m and catch up on your Newton History.
3. Art reception. The Newton Free Library will hold a reception this afternoon for its latest exhibit, Holding Pattern by Dawna Bemis and Charyl Weissbach. The reception will be held from 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. and is open to the public.
4. Parent and Teen Lounge and Learn. The New Art Center will host a fun, informal afternoon of looking at contemporary art and creating art. Parents can socialize and talk about the art (over wine!) while teens create some art. Then, halfway though, the groups switch (snacks for teens, no wine.) The event runs from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. The cost is $5 per person or parent/teen pair. Pre-register online or just drop-in.
5. Go Lions! The Newton South girls' varsity ice hockey team will face Lincoln-Sudbury in a home match today at 2:15 p.m. The game will be held at the Dexter School in Brookline (20 Newton St.)