1. Let the races for November begin! Did you hear? Newton had a couple of announcements yesterday in local politics. Rick Lipof announced his candidacy for Ward 8 alderman-at-large and Chris Steele threw his hat in the ring for Ward 5 alderman-at-large.
2. REELAbilitiesBOSTON presents Princess. The Boston Jewish Film Festival's REELAbilitiesBOSTON Disabilities Film Festival will wrap up this evening with a screening of the Finnish film Princess at the West Newton Cinema. Tickets are $10 and the film starts at 7 p.m.
3. Land Use Committee. The Land Use Committee will meet tonight for a working session in room 222 at City Hall. The committee will discuss two items, including a request from the Chestnut Hill Shopping Center (The Street) for a "comprehensive sign package." Tonight's full agenda is included in the .pdf section to the right.
4. Indoor Farmers' Market. The Newton Indoor Farmers' Market will be open today from 1:30 p.m. - 6 p.m. at the Hyde Community Center in Newton Highlands.
5. Go Lions! The Newton South boys' varsity basketball team will host Weston in a home game tonight at 5:30 p.m. The girls' team will travel to Weston for an away match at 5:30 p.m.