1. Meeting on the new Angier School. The School Committee, Board of Aldermen, Angier School Building Committee and Design Review Committee will meet jointly tonight at 6 p.m. in the Newton North library. The meeting will start with a design presentation, followed by discussion and public comment at 7 p.m.
2. Author talk. Newton author Sheldon Stern will discuss his book The Cuban Missile Crisis in American Memory: Myths Versus Realty tonight at the Newton Free Library. The talk starts at 7:30 p.m. and will be followed by a book signing, with books available for purchase from the New England Mobile Book Fair.
3. Latest Theatre Ink show. The Theatre Ink Cabaret Troupe will present "Reasons to Run" tonight at 7:30 p.m. at Newton North. Tickets are $7.
4. Assistive Technology & Education Function Skills. Tonight at the Newton Education Center: Learn about assistive technology tools that support students who struggle with Executive Function skills. Newton Public Schools Assistive Technology Specialist Karen Janowski will give a presentation tonight on a variety of technology tools to support success. The presentation will run from 7:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
5. CPC public hearing canceled. The city's Community Preservation Committee was scheduled to hold a public hearing tonight at 7 p.m. on the Newton Homebuyer Assistance Program. However, that hearing and meeting has been canceled due to lack of a quorum. A new date has not yet been set, but stay tuned to Patch for updates.