1. School Committee. The Newton School Committee will meet tonight at 7 p.m. in the Education Center. The committee is scheduled to discuss ongoing facilities projects as well as possible adjustments to the student "feeder patterns" for north side schools. A possible vote on fiscal 2014 budget guidelines is also on the agenda. The full agenda for tonight's meeting is included in the .pdf section to the right.
2. Reminder. The weather will be warm today (high of 49 degrees) and it may be tempting to take the pup down to Claflin Park or Braceland Park for an off-leash run. However, remember that those off-leash parks are closed for the winter. They will reopen in March.
3. Finance Committee. The Board of Aldermen's Finance Committee will meet tonight at 7 p.m. in room 222 at City Hall. The committee will discuss the establishment of an account for the design money needed to buildseveral new modulars at district elementary schools. The meeting will also include discussion of funding to demolish damaged salt sheds as well as money for bathroom renovations at Gath Pool. The agenda for tonight's meeting is included in the .pdf section above.
4. Temple Shalom Garden Club. The club will meet tonight at Temple Shalom at 7 p.m. with master gardener Dr. Paul Steen of Sturbridge. Tonight's meeting will cover how to design a multi-season shade garden. Non-members are always welcome to attend for a donation of $5.
5. Have you had your flu shot? Due to the flu epidemic that has hit the region, the Newton Dept. of Health and Human Services will be offering an appointment-only flu clinic this week at the Newton Free Library. To find out when the flu clinic will be open and to make an appointment, call the Newton-Wellesley Hospital Carefinder appointment line at 617-243-5900. The clinic is open all and non-Newton residents may schedule appointments.