1. Concert: Dvorak's Stabat Mater. The Newton Community Chorus and orchestra will present Dvorak's Stabat Mater tonight at 8 p.m. at the First Baptist Church. Tickets are available at the door and are $15, $10 for students and seniors.
2. Charley's has closed. In case you missed it, Charley's in the Mall at Chestnut Hill has closed its doors.
3. Go Lions! The Newton South boys' varsity ice hockey team will face Wayland in a home match this afternoon at the Ryan Rink in Watertown (1 Paramount Pl.) The game starts at 2:15 p.m.
4. The history of Carnival. Curators Kate True and AJ Liberto will give a talk on the history of Carnival tonight at the New Art Center, followed by a free community meal of authentic New Orleans style gumbo. The event starts at 5 p.m. and is free and open to the public, but cash and food donations will be accepted for a local food charity.
5. Post on the Newton Patch Local Voices blog. Do you have some local news to share or a discussion to start? Write about it in the Newton Patch Local Voices blog. The blog is open to any Newton residents or business owners who'd like to share with the community.