1. Haydn's Mass in Time of War. The Newton North and Newton South Fine Arts Departments will present Joseph Haydn's "Mass in Time of War" for chorus and orchestra. The event will feature more than 200 students performing the hour long piece. The concert will be held at Newton North High School tonight at 7:30 p.m. tickets are a $7 suggested donation. A portion of the proceeds will go to Operation Homefront.
2. Historic Newton Book Club. The Historic Newton Book Club will meet tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Jackson Homestead and Museum. The group will discuss Stayin' Alive: The 1970's and the Last Days of the Working Class by Jefferson Cowie. New members are always welcome.
3. Town hall meeting. Mayor Setti Warren will host a Town Hall meeting tonight in Ward 3 to discuss his $11.4 million override proposal. The meeting will be held at the Scandinavian Living Center at 7 p.m.
4. Angier meeting. The Design Review Committee and the Angier School Building Committee will meet tonight to discuss and vote on the new school's concept design. The meeting will be held at 5 p.m. at the Education Center.
5. Have you signed up for the Newton Patch newsletters? Stay updated with all the news going on in Newton by signing up for our email newsletters! You can sign up for our daily newsletter, which delivers headlines to your inbox every morning, as well as a weekly newsletter. You can also sign up for breaking news alerts and receive email notifications about important stories, fires, traffic reports and more.