1. Fusion String Ensemble concert. The Fusion String Ensemble will give a free concert today at the Newton Free Library. The performance starts at 2 p.m. and will include Schubert’s String Quintet in C major, D. 956, selected Quartets by Joseph Haydn as well as contemporary music by The Beatles, Radiohead, Lady Gaga and others.
2. JCC fitness center open house. The Leventhal-Sidman Jewish Community Center will hold a fitness center open house today from 8 a.m. - noon. The event includes free demonstrations in the Pilates Studio, information about the JCC’s "Take It Off" weight loss program, free nutrition bar samples, music and fitness discussions with JCC personal trainers. The event is free and open to the public.
3. "Unmasked Judophobia." The Americans for Peace and Tolerance will present the film "Unmasked Judophobia" today at Congregation Beth El-Atereth Israel. The event starts at 7:15 p.m. and is free and open to the public. Donations are welcome.
4. Community weekend at the Jackson Homestead. You can check out the exhibits at the Jackson Homestead & Museum today for free (the Newton museum offers free admission the first weekend of every month). Stop by between noon - 5 p.m. to learn more about the city's history.
5. Looking for a new home? Check out one of the many open houses in Newton today. Or, take a peek if you're just curious to see what's on the market.