1. Food trucks, plastic bags and snow shoveling. The board's Public Safety, Public Facilities and Programs & Services committees will resume meetings tonight. Discussion items include the progress of the trial snow removal ordinance,food trucks in the city, the new police chief search committee and a potential fee for plastic bags. All three committees will meet at 7:45 p.m., with Public Safety meeting in room 202, Public Facilities in room 209 and Programs & Services in room 222. The full agendas for all three committee meetings are available in the .pdf section to the right.
2. "Your Community" series. Two local organizations will visit the Newton Senior Center this afternoon for a discussion about programs for adults in the community. Join Nancy Scammon of the Parks and Recreation Dept. and Susan Cassidy of Newton Community Education as they discuss programs available this winter. Refreshments will be served. The program starts at 1 p.m.
3. Brimmer and May "mini" open house. Chestnut Hill-based Brimmer and May School invites locals to tour the middle or upper school today for a "mini" open house. Meet administrators, tour classes and school facilities. The open house will be held from 8:15 a.m. - 10 a.m.
4. Blood drive. The Newton Free Library will host a blood drive today from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
5. Go Tigers! The Newton North girls' varsity ice hockey team will face Framingham tonight at 7 p.m. in a home match at the Fessenden School rink in West Newton. The Newton North boys' ice hockey team will face Framingham in Framingham at 6:50 p.m.