1. Farmers' market. The Farmers' Market will be open today from 1:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. with a seven-foot-tall inflatable bottle, hoping to gain support for the updated bill.
2. Land Use. The Board of Aldermen's Land Use Committee will meet tonight at 7 p.m. in the Aldermanic Chamber at . Public hearings will be held in the chamber followed by a working session in room 222. One of the public hearings will be for , which is looking to expand into the space formerly occupied by . A full agenda for tonight's meeting is included in the .pdf section to the right.
3. Rosie's is closed temporarily. in Chestnut Hill closed yesterday for renovations. The bakery will be closed until July 21 while the shop undergoes a face-lift.
4. Middle Essex Softball. The Newton Panthers Orange 14A softball team will face the Lexington Gaels 14A team today at Albemarle Field in Newton. The game is set to start at 7:45 p.m.
5. Art reception. The will hold a reception tonight for artist Janet Smith and . The reception starts at 7 p.m. and is free and open to the public.