1. "Thoughtprints"/"Reflections" release party. The Newton North and Newton South literary magazines, "Thoughtprints" and "Reflections" will hold a release party tonight at Newtonville Books. The event starts at 7 p.m.
2. Free CPR training next week. A free CPR course will be held on Sunday, April 7 from noon to 3 p.m. at Newton North High School. This is not a certification course, but it will teach participants CPR and how to use an AED. Participants must be Newton residents at age 14 or older. Register online now. Call 617-796-1420 with any questions.
3. Tomorrow: Latin American Fiesta. The Newton Heritage Festivals will continue tomorrow with a Latin American Fiesta at the Newton Cultural Center. The event will include kids activities, food, live music, games and more. Kids activities will run from 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. and family fun from 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.
4. Your Community: Health & Human Services. Representatives from the city's Health & Human Services Department will stop by the Newton Senior Center today to talk about how to keep you and your family healthy in the city. There will also be information on the city-sponsored shingles vaccines. The event starts at 12:30 p.m. and light refreshments will be served.
5. Post on the Newton Patch Local Voices blog. Do you have some local news to share or a discussion to start? Write about it in the Newton Patch Local Voices blog. The blog is open to any Newton residents or business owners who'd like to share with the community.