1. No school. The Newton Public Schools will be closed today for Good Friday. Mount Alvernia High and Newton Country Day are also closed today.
2. Yoga for Your Health. The Newton Health & Human Services Dept. will host a 'Yoga for Your Health' event on Thurs., April 4 from noon - 7 p.m. in the War Memorial at City Hall. The event will include a panel discussions and information sessions on yoga as well as classes. The event is open to everyone, regardless of experience. For more information, visit the event website or call 617-796-1420.
3. Good Friday and Passover services. If you are looking for a Good Friday service in Newton, check out a list of Holy Week services here. . Also, don't forget to check our events calendar for any services that have been added in recent days.
4. Free citizenship class. A Legacy for Literacy is offering a free ESL class at the Newton Free Library for adult learners who are planning to apply to become U.S. citizens. Basic English skills are required. Nine Tuesday sessions begin on April 23, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. in the Trustees’ Room. Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, please contact Susan Bécam, Program Coordinator, at 617-796-1364 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Easter brunch spots? Do you have recommendations on where to find Easter brunch in Newton? !