1. Kids FunFEST. The annual Kids FunFEST will take place this weekend on the Newton City Hall lawn, Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. There will be amusement rides for kids, arts and crafts and face painting both days. For today only, the fest will feature a family safety day with car seat and bike safety checks as well as a bicycle obstacle course and a K9 demonstration. Tomorrow will include live entertainment.
2. Seedling sale. The Newton Community Farm will host its annual Seedling Sale today from noon - 3 p.m. Choose from a wide array of vegetable and herb varieties, the same ones the farm used and tested in their fields. Cost is $5 for four or six pack of plants. Cash or checks only. Bring a box or bag to carry your plants.
3. Yard sales. The weather may be a bit iffy, but there are plenty of yard sales to check out in Newton today and tomorrow. Check our events calendar to see where the sales are.
4. Newton Free Library welcomes Piglet. Nancy Schön has sculpted another piece for the Newton Free Library. Schön, who has done the other sculptures at the library and the famous "Make Way for Ducklings" piece in Boston, has created a Piglet sculpture for the library. A celebration for the installation of the sculpture will be held today at 10 a.m.
5. Grand Rosé tasting. Urban Grape in Chestnut Hill will host a "Grand Rosé tasting" today from 3 p.m. - 6 p.m. (the Urban Grape in the South End will hold a tasting at that time, too). Over a dozen rosés from around the world will be open at each store to sample, for free.