1. Go Tigers! The Newton North girls' varsity softball team will face Dedham in a home match today at Newton North. Game time is 3:45 p.m.
2. ALS fundraiser. Michael Jaillet, a 1987 NNHS grad, is battling ALS. UNO's in Newton Corner will host a DoughRaiser today to raise money for Jalliet's battle. A portion of the proceeds of your meal will be donated to Jaillet's cause -- just let your server know you are there for the Jaillet DoughRaiser. An ALS 5K walk will be held tomorrow in Lexington.
3. Tuesday: Veterans Center Grand Opening. Mayor Setti Warren will celebrate the new Veterans Service Center at Post 440 in Newton with . The event will include Boston Celtics and New England Patriots players, comedians, food and more. The free event kicks off at 6:30 p.m. and patrons are encouraged to bring donations for The One Fund.
4. Updating your parent contact info with NPS. Newton Public School parents can now easily update contact information through an improved ParentCONNECT website. More information on the new feature is available on the district's website.
5. Sunday: Newton Family Singers. Today is the last day to purchase advance tickets for at Memorial-Spaulding Elementary. The concert, titled "The Tide is High", will feature songs inspired by water. Tickets are $10 for adults, $8 for children. Tickets may be available at the door the day of the show, if the concert is not sold out. Online ticket purchase is available.