1. Wally's Wicked Good 5K. What's that going on in Auburndale? It's the Wally's Wicked Good 5K! The race kicks off at 6 p.m. at Auburndale Cove and a fun run starts at 5:30 p.m. Proceeds from the race go to benefit the Melanoma Foundation of New England. UPF race tees will be given to the first 200 registrants ($30 to register). Complimentary facial scans will also be provided..
2. "Sneak Peek" hours at Durant-Kenrick House. Historic Newton will host "sneak peeks" of the newly restored Durant-Kenrick House and Grounds on Thursdays from 2 p.m. - 5 p.m. Check out the restoration and some of the activities that will be offered at the house -- and don't forget to leave your feedback!
3. Say goodbye to your editor. A few folks have decided to put together a little going away party for yours truly (I'm leaving Newton Patch on Friday). I would love to see as many readers as possible, so feel free to stop by Mick Morgan's tonight at 8 p.m. to say goodbye!
4. Mom's Night Out. The Mall at Chestnut Hill will host a "Mom's Night Out" tonight starting at 5 p.m. The free event will include giveaways, pampering and a silent auction.
5. Newton South used book sale. If you have piled up a few used books during your recent spring cleaning, consider donating them to the Newton South Used Book Sale. The sale will be held from May 21-23 in Wheeler Commons at Newton South and proceeds benefit literacy initiatives in the NSHS English Department. Drop off hours are: Monday and Thursday mornings, April 29 - May 16, from 7:15 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. at the POD in the Newton South parking lot (next to Goldrick House). For more information about book drop off, contact Suzanne Freudberg at email@example.com.