1. Newton Sept. 11 Memorial Dedication. Now that the memorial is completed, the Newton 9-11 Memorial Committee will officially hold a dedication ceremony today at 11 a.m. The memorial is located in front of Newton Fire Headquarters in Newton Centre.
2. Indian Festival. Enjoy Indian food, performances, crafts and cricket today at the Newton Cultural Center! The Indian Festival will be held from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. and admission is free.
3. Auburndale "Ca$h Mob." The Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce will kick off a new "shop local" campaign today in Auburndale. The Chamber will kick-off the Shift Three campaign today at 10 a.m. at Just Next Door, an independent gift and card stop in Auburndale. Following the campaign kick-off, attendees will be encouraged to participate in a “cash mob” by agreeing to spend $10 or more at any Auburndale business of their choosing.
4. Volleyball finals. The top-ranked Newton North girls' varsity volleyball team will go for the Central-East Div. 1 championship tonight at Babson College. The game will start at 7 p.m.
5. Election madness with comedian Jimmy Tingle. Comedians Jimmy Tingle and Barry Weintraub will talk Election results in a show tonight called Election Madness at the Leventhal-Sidman Jewish Community Center. The show starts at 8 p.m. and tickets are $26.